Who We Are
The Museum of Happiness is a nonprofit organisation that provides an experiential adventure, where people of all ages and backgrounds can learn more about the essence of happiness and well-being.
By using a series of interactive exhibitions, workshops and events, we offer science based techniques that people can implement into their everyday lives.
Our values are:
- Compassion and kindness - Happiness arises when we are kind to each other and kind to ourselves. We do our best to practice this and share these ideas in playshops and events.
- Community - Happiness arises from 'we', not just 'me'. Warm, loving relationships with friends and family really matter. We'd love to see MoH as a family of people coming together to make a difference in the world.
- Creativity and fun - When you express yourself creatively and playfully, you lift your mood, make others smile and just have fun! Living creatively also helps you to be more mindfully aware.
- Consciousness and mindfulness - It's hard to be happy if you're not awake to the beauty of life around and within you. Greater levels of awareness can help you enjoy more. We encourage periods of silence to help rest our minds and find greater peace.
As an organisation, we've been inspired by ServiceSpace to experiment with the following principles:
- Be as much volunteer run as possible - give from the heart for the joy of giving
- Don't spend too much time fundraising - trust people will support us along the way to be self-sustaining
- Be accessible to all, whatever their financial position - offering free or donation places when we can afford to do so
If you've been moved by what we're doing, and wish to make a contribution, you can do so using the button below. Thanks!